Even so, behind all its sophistication internet apparently still has a gap that is very vulnerable to negative things. Currently the Internet is often exploited by irresponsible people to snoop and steal personal data of the users and is ready to commit fraud. Generally, the scammers seduce victims through email, social networking sites, chat, discussion forums, or the spread of the virus. They offer a variety of goods and lucrative business, lottery, money, free software that turned out to be filled with spyware or a virus, and sends a fake website address to steal your username and password. Until now they endlessly seek and capture new victims.
The most common type of fraud conducted through internet media actors are:
1. Email chain (chain / hoax letter)
You may have received an email inviting you to spread a web address that contains the lottery. You are asked to resend this email to friends, family, friends or anyone else. If you are able to send as much as possible, it will be a very tempting prize. Though the prize was never actually sipengirim trying to collect email addresses that will be used to commit fraud.
2. Lottery or inheritance
Usually there's a letter in the mail us as if we get a lottery or a gift from a very well-known companies such as Microsoft, Nissan, or yahoo. Can also email sent as if a donation or inheritance handed because sipengirim will soon die from chronic disease or because his parents died in a plane crash or the victims of the tsunami. (Usually the amount of the gift is very much in the form of dollar or euro). They asked us soon complete personal data and send it back. In the end you will be asked to transfer some money as taxes on prizes will be awarded. Fraud of this type is often referred to as the Nigerian Scam is done by the people of Nigeria.
Phishing is a technique of deception to steal passwords or other personal information. Perpetrators create a fake website that is very similar to the original email sent to the victim. When the victim opened the address and enter your account number and password, that's when the data was successfully stolen.
4. Hacking and cracking
The characteristics of this scam is that if we suddenly can not log into email, bank accounts or online accounts like paypal. Username and password that we enter one continues when we never replaced it. The culprit is a hacker or cracker that steals passwords and ransacked the contents of the account and transfer the money to their account.
5. Software that contains virus / trojan
Sometimes we often fraudulent and the person who tinkers and download a variety of free software. However, once installed on a computer, we can no longer access the internet banking or other account and suddenly the account was compromised.
6. Offers fake email
You may have received an email which contains advertising that there is a free email service was fantastic. For example, unlimited storage, interesting features, even if we will get a dollar registration. It was all a lie. If you register all personal data will be stolen by a fake email provider.
To avoid scammers course of action we need to know the various prevention tips so as not to become victims.
Tips on prevention
• Never persuaded the seduction gifts or free stuff and cheap deals over the internet.
• Be careful about sharing your email address to various sites or forums that can not be trusted. Always be alert to read e-mail in an unknown sender. Remove or ignore it.
• Change the password on the internet on a regular basis and do not make the same password for different accounts.
• Always update your operating system and antivirus programs. Make sure the firewall or the firewall computer always active.
• Beware of the question "remember this password?" Because the Trojans could muster the words we saved passwords.
• Never access / transact online in a cybercafe. Always use a personal computer if you have access to an online account and make sure click sign-out when you are finished.
• Do not sign up to the e-mail that can not be trusted, just use yahoo, gmail, or hotmail.
• Never open a website address that is sent directly to your email let alone have to enter a password. The address is fake. Make sure you typed the website address directly into the address bar of your browser.
Internet fraud will always look for new ways and increasingly varied from time to time. Be alert and caution are of key importance in order not to get caught ready to trap fraudsters lurking us every time.